maandag 26 oktober 2009

Visual Studio 2010 Beta 2

This night I downloaded the new Visual Studio Beta 2 Ultimate edition and today I installed it on my SharePoint 2010 test box.

During the installation, I saw that I could also install the new SharePoint development tools which of course added to the excitement. After the installation was finished I was ready to go to start creating some new SharePoint projects ... so I thought :)
It turns out that if you want to create a new SharePoint project, you will get the following message:
A SharePoint server is not installed on this computer. A SharePoint server
must be installed to work with SharePoint projects.



After searching a little bit, someone from Microsoft confirmed that this was built in by the Visual Studio Development Team. It basicly means you'll have to wait until the SharePoint 2010 beta before you can actually use the new SharePoint development tools. Darn!

Here are some screenshots showing the new Server Explorer. You can now browse your SharePoint site. Right within Visual Studio you can see things like your content types, features, list templates, ... .
As far as I know, this is read-only. So no direct editing possible.







Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten